At DentFirst Dental Care, we hope you and your family are in good health. The world has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us here are looking forward to resuming our normal routines and seeing our patients. While things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your dental care, your health, and your safety.
While most people were staying home over the past couple of months, we remained open for emergency dental care. We did this to keep people out of emergency rooms and urgent care facilities. During the month of April, we saw over 1,100 emergency dental patients while treating every patient in a safe environment.
Infection control has always been a top priority for all our 13 dental offices, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office continues to follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the guidance and mandates from these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or directives that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
While, we are resuming routine dental care appointments, you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and our team members.
- Our office will communicate with you before your visit to ask COVID screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
- We ask that you wait in your vehicle and call the office when you arrive for your appointment.
- You will be invited into the office by a team member who will check your temperature before being seated for your appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. Please try not to wear medical gloves inside our office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We are asking that only the patient, and a guardian if necessary, come to the appointment as we are limiting who we allow in the building at this time.
- You will notice that our team members will be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face shields, masks, head covers, and gowns or jackets.
- Each room is thoroughly sanitized between patients. All disposable barriers and materials are disposed and changed, and all reusable instruments are placed in an autoclave for sterility.
Preventative dental care is essential to one’s overall health, and we look forward to seeing you soon. Our team is happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practices. To make an appointment, please call our office at 404-334-7622 or visit our website at www.DentFirst.com. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
The DentFirst Dental Care Family