Dental implants feel so natural, you will probably forget that you ever lost a tooth. Confidence about your teeth affects how you feel about yourself. Maybe you hide your smile rather than show spaces resulting from missing teeth. Maybe your dentures don’t feel secure. Perhaps you have difficulty chewing.
If you are missing one or more teeth and would like to smile, speak and eat again with brand new comfort and confidence, we have good news! Dental implants are teeth that can look and feel just like your own! Implants can last your lifetime!
Advantages of Implants over Bridges to replace missing teeth
- The teeth adjacent to the missing tooth space do not need to be drilled down or reshaped. They remain untouched.
- The cost is about the same.
- Marginal re-decay can not occur since the entire implant is fabricated with bio-compatible porcelain and metal.
- Flossing around an implant is easy. You don’t have to thread the floss underneath the false tooth and then slide it over your gums.
- Bridges are not possible if there isn’t at least one tooth on either side of the missing tooth or teeth.
Advantages of Bridges over Implants to replace missing teeth
- The cost is lower if there are 2 or more adjacent missing teeth which need to be replaced.
- If the teeth next to the space are in poor shape they will need full coverage crowns anyway.
Dental implants have been used in this country for almost 40 years and have a fabulous success rate. They chew like real teeth. Implants don’t wiggle around when you talk or eat. You don’t take them out at night and drop them in a glass of water. Implant dentistry is the modern solution to missing teeth!